Saturday, January 15, 2011

Connecting iPad with EAP-TLS security

Recently, a friend of mine asked me to connect his iPad to a network that requires EAP-TTLS security. By default, iPad does not have EAP-TTLS profile installed. To install this profile on iPad, I downloaded the iPhone configuration utility . Then, I setup the configuration by selecting the EAP profile and selecting TTLS checkbox. Then, I selected the PAP security from the inner security dropdown box since my friend's network requires it. Here is a snapshot.



Then, I selected the WPA / WPA2 Enterprise. entered the name of the network (not shown below) and entered the user name and password.



Enter your profile name and identity as shown below. The example is for Columbia medical center.



Then, I installed the profile on iPad. The figure below shows the profile that has been installed.



Your should now be connected to your network.

No comments: